Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Letter of Support

The following is the body of the support letter that I sent out several weeks ago.  Thank you all and praise God for the responses I've received! He has richly provided, through so many of you, all the funds necessary for the trip.  In Mark 11:22-24, Jesus tells his disciples: "Have faith in God.  I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.  Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."  What an awesome example of this truth.


Dear Friends,
I’m writing you with a special call upon my heart. It’s a call that’s been welling up for about a year now, a call that has changed the way I view my life, my God, and my purpose on this earth.  Let me share a bit of what’s been stirring in my heart…
I’ve recognized one truth in the last year, and I’ve recognized it with much more force than ever before:  I have been incredibly blessed with a family and a community that loves Jesus.  I’ve recognized the gift I have been given in having parents, grandparents, and so many other role models who desire to know their God and live a life of worship to Him. 
As I’ve recognized the beauty of this truth, I’ve also been awakened to another truth far more distressing-It’s something that I passionately believe is on God the Father’s heart. In our beautiful and comfortable world today, there is a people group in desperate need. They live lives void of hope, some never even knowing the love of another human being, let alone the saving power of Jesus Christ. This people group of literally the ‘least of these’ is the calling on my life. They are the 134 million orphans in the world today.  What moves me to act is the knowledge of the blessing I have been given.  God has blessed me with parents who love the Lord.  I’ve been blessed so I can be a blessing; this is what I’m here for.
This winter, from December 26 to January 6th, I have the privilege of sharing the love of Christ with His little ones.  I have been given the gift of loving these children as Christ loves us! God’s called me to Romania, a country with a dark past and so many opportunities for God to heal broken hearts.  I’ll be ministering to a generation of children which Romania’s government calls the ‘throw away children.’  It’s hard to believe, but every day, hundreds of Romanian babies and children are abandoned.  While I’m in Romania, I’ll be serving with an organization called Heart to Heart International, which runs several baby hospitals, orphanages, and also transition homes for older orphans.  I’m really excited to be used for God’s glory in the lives of these precious little ones!
Here’s where I need your help:
Prayer support is a huge need as I prepare to go, and as I am ministering in Romania.  I would be blessed if you would lift up both me and my team.  Pray that we would be physically and spiritually strong for what will mostly likely be an intense trip of ministry. Pray that hearts would be made ready to receive God’s love as we celebrate Christmas with the orphans of Romania.  Also, please lift up the financial support of my trip.  The total cost of my trip is $2500.00, which covers all of my travel expenses, housing, meals, ministry materials, and translators.  If you feel that God is calling you to support me in this way, please check out the enclosed support slip. 
Thank you so much for all of your support, and thank you for joining me in God’s vision for His children! If you have any questions about the trip, its ministries, or anything else, please contact me!
In Christ,   
Jenny Tokheim 


1 comment:

  1. I'm Heather's Mom. I just read this. I'm praying for you! What a challenge and opportunity!

    ReplyDelete