Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Rejoice in the Lord Always.

Last week as I arrived home for break, I began to feel drawn to several particular verses of scripture.  I set out to memorize them, and they have proved so encouraging while I wait on His faithfulness.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God, and the peace of God,which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:4-7 


Today these verses have been especially helpful.  I learned that I'll be flying to Romania alone (except for Jesus that is).  Originally, I was supposed to meet up with various team members in airports along the way, but now I'll be meeting them when we arrive in the airport at Bucharest.  

Pray that God would provide direction as I navigate the O'Hare and Paris airports! I'm choosing to view this as an exciting opportunity to live by faith and trust in His provision.  Another thing I have been in prayer about is the current snow-storm that's blanketing our area.  Pray that God would lift it in time for me to get to the airport on Saturday and for flights to leave on schedule. I have full confidence that He will work all these little circumstances out for the glory of His Name. 

I've been busy getting my bags packed with ministry supplies, including hot cocoa packets, marshmallows, coffee, cake mixes, and Christmas candies (all requested by the H2H staff in Romania).  I also spent some time working on some crafts to do with the kids during free time.

Here are a few little 'puppets' that I put together.  Some paper bags and construction paper, along with googly eyes and fuzzy pom-poms-all that's needed for a kid-friendly craft! I made up kits of each of these to take along.






I've also been practicing my Romanian.  My personal favorite phrase: "Isus te iubeste!" (Jesus loves you!)

I want to thank you all again so much for your prayers and support.  It means so much to me that you've been so excited to join me in this work from Him.  Praise God for the awesome family He has given us in our brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment