Sunday, March 31, 2013

I was at the shore a couple of days ago, and I found myself sitting by a rock with some graffiti on it. I probably wouldn't have taken the time to read it, but some little Spanish boys scrambled over to the rock and began to try to read the poem, which was written in English. After they struggled over the first few words, I read it outloud for them. 


In case you can't read it all, the poem went like this: 

"Long you live and high
you fly...smiles you give, and 
tears you'll try, and all you touch
and all you see is all your life ...
will ever be."

The rhymes were very nice and sing-songy, but when I finished reading it, I thought, "How terrible!" You see, I can't quite accept the idea that all we have is what happens in the here and now. There's so much more. So very much more. The lives we live echo into eternity, and I'm so very glad. 

So, this Easter Sunday, a rainy one here in Spain, I'm thankful, again, for a life that will outlive me. I've been given a beautiful hope and future: Christ in me, the hope of glory! Jesus is alive and well and on the loose, friends! There's so much to look forward to! 

Happy Easter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment