Monday, March 4, 2013

No Shoes On: A Gift from God

Has God ever given you a really sweet gift to help you understand Him better? A couple of weeks ago He did that for me in the form of this poem.

I had a dream about a mother and her child. They were laying on the floor, barefoot, and the little girl was falling asleep. As she drifted off, the mother spoke this poem over her. I remember really liking the poem in my dream, but when I woke up, I could only recite the first two lines.

Later that day, I tried to write my way into the rest of the poem, but it just wasn't working out. So, I just asked God to give me the poem back. Within a few minutes, all of it flooded back into the front of my mind. I literally just started writing and scribbled it all down in a minute, exactly as it was in the dream.

I believe it's a picture of the tender love that the Father has for His children. So, dear friends, read it through the lens of God's love for you. It's better than you can imagine.

No Shoes On

No shoes on
Skin to skin
You're fast asleep
And I begin

To sing a song of love so deep
I kiss your fingers while you sleep. 

Skin so soft
Your pretty toes
I laugh a bit
At your crinkled nose. 

Breath so deep 
You sigh awhile
And then, so softly
Begin to smile. 

Child so dear
And sweet to me
You are all my eyes can see. 

Little One, 
My Dear, My True, 
I am so in love with You. 


1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT gift from papa! :) Thanks for sharing Jenny-friend!

    ReplyDelete