Sunday, March 31, 2013

Playing Catch-Up: A journal entry from February 27th, 2013

Psalm 57:7-8
My heart is steadfast, O God, 
my heart is steadfast. 
I will sing and make music. 
Awake, my soul! 
Awake, harp and lyre! 
I will awaken the dawn. 

Sometimes, I have to wake my sleepy soul into the dawn of the light of Christ. Sometimes the soul's sleep is just a worn-out-tired, sometimes it's a distracted half-glance, sometimes a purposeful slumber, but I speak life and breath into my heart-of-hearts. I speak wakefulness to the drowsy one inside of me and say, "Awake, O Sleeper and let Christ shine on you! Receive His joy! Receive His peace!"

Lord, here's my turning soul, gradually lifting itself from the blankets of sleep and night. I see much more clearly now than I did at the beginning of the week, and I'm grateful for the fresh eyes. Teach this attentive and overflowing soul today, Papa. I sit at your feet and say that I am listening. Here I am. Teach me.

I remember when I was flying into Malaga about two months ago. I was just in your hands, unsure of what exactly was before me, except for your faithfulness. I have not been disappointed.

You have transformed my heart, God of Everything, in ways that I never could have planned. I believe your love for me. I believe in your strength to accomplish your purposes. You are true, and I love you. I lean not on my own understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment