Monday, March 4, 2013

Morning Prayer

Hey Friends,

I've been doing a good bit of writing since I've been in Spain. It's one of the ways that God's been moving in me and through me. This is a poem I finished awhile ago, but I was reminded of it one morning while I watched the sunrise over the Med. So, here you go, friends:

The Poetry-Inspiring Sunrise

Morning Prayer

The birds burst forth in morning song, 
The wind flits through the leaves, 
Bright sunshine streams in light-beams long, 
And I am on my knees. 

I kneel before Creator God, 
His Son, the Prince of Peace, 
And welcome His strong Spirit near, 
His presence brings me ease. 

Before the King of Heavens High
I lift my voice, and I do cry
I carry all my burdens here
And then I lay them all to die. 

Before the empty cross of sin,
Rings music from His heavenly spheres.
Deep in my soul, truth settles in,
And swiftly quenches all my fears. 

I rise from that dear holy place, 
The place where victory's won, 
And find myself in broadening space, 
Now that the new has come. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, friend. Jesus truly does do an incredible around the whole world. Thanks for sharing those powerful truths. Love and miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete